Saturday, December 31, 2011

Baby Update!

With the New Year fast approaching, I thought it a good time for a last posting for the year. Our little girl has been growing by leaps and bounds, and has been very active these last few weeks with lots of kicking and moving... I'm sure it's a hint of what's to come in the near future! As much as I loved the second trimester of pregnancy (no nausea and lots of energy!), this third trimester is starting to take it's toll. Exhaustion is back in full swing, and it seems I can no longer get through the day without a nap. Fortunately, we're on vacation until January 9th, so I've got plenty of time to rest up before I head back to work!

31 Weeks... only 9 weeks to go!

The nursery is coming along - we've re-purposed the bookcase from the craft room and bought the change table. We still need to buy the crib, but at least most of the main pieces are in place!



And of course the knitting has begun for our little one. Some of it has been going great and others... not so much. I started a baby blanket in August and I still have 15 or so stitches on the cast on edge that are waiting to be knit. I think the combination of the heat and first trimester exhaustion conspired against me. I also have a baby sweater on the needles. It's sized 9-12 months so I should have until the fall to get that one done before it's needed. My knitting priority at the moment is a Christening gown that will be needed this spring. 


And with that, I'd like to wish you all the very best for 2012!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment