Monday, February 27, 2012

Waiting for baby...

So I've been on maternity leave for the past 2 weeks, and yet haven't found the time energy to post even once. Things have been pretty quiet around here; most of my days are spent taking it easy, doing some simple household chores (washing the dishes mostly), and wondering how much longer it will be before Emily decides to make her appearance. We have now passed the due date and still no sings of impending birth.

38 Weeks                                                        40 Weeks

My aunt and uncle came by a couple of weeks ago to drop off my old bedroom set from when I was a kid. It spent a few years stored in their barn, so it needs a bit of work before it will move into the baby's room (paint, minor repairs). That will be one of our projects once mother nature tires of this whole winter thing and starts to move into spring/summer. In the meantime, we re-arranged the room (again) and moved the large bookcase back down to the basement (trying to make room for the furniture I was hoping would be able to go into her room). On the plus side, we've made a nice play/reading area at the back of the downstairs living room!



In an attempt to be productive, I have managed to churn the cutest little baby sweater (although I may be biased). It's worked in Malabrigo lace with the cutest eyelet pattern. It only took 4 days from beginning to end, and we can't wait to see her in it! 


The christening gown has been put on hold for the moment - the pattern, though beautiful, takes a little more thought than I'm able to deal with at this point, but I should have until April or May to get it done... plenty of time! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment