Thursday, July 7, 2011

Holiday Weekend Recovery

I have been spending the last few days finally enjoying my vacation. After the craziness of garden work leading up to our Canada Day BBQ on the weekend (my "deadline" to have the gardens done), I felt I needed a few days to truly recuperate.

We did have a pretty busy weekend... on Friday we went to Ottawa to see the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. We only got to see Kate on the big screen as they arrived at Parliament Hill, but did manage a glimpse of Prince William as they sped by in their car, leaving Parliament Hill. We had a great time!

Saturday morning came early as we started to prep for our BBQ that afternoon. It was an afternoon & evening affair, ending with a bonfire and marshmallow roasting. We had a great turn out, 24 for of us in all!


Since then, we've been relaxing, watching some movies, and enjoying the sun!


For those of you in the States, I wish you a, albeit late, Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment