Friday, March 11, 2011

The lion rears his head

I know, I know... I've been neglecting the blog lately. But, I'll make up for it today! 

Last Saturday we had a snowstorm... so much for March coming in like a lamb! Not that the cats minded at all. Caesar was completely mesmerized by the birds at the feeder, and was oblivious to the falling snow.


Cleo, however, was having a great time with the snow!


We woke up Sunday morning to a pretty coat of snow on all the trees, and more snow falling.


We headed out in the snow to Oxford Mills, just south of Ottawa, to celebrate my Grandmothers birthday. The main highways were horrible, and everyone was driving in the middle of the two lanes. I was worried the county roads I had to take to get there would be even worse, but actually they were in better condition than the highway! We had a great time visiting with everyone, and we got to see how big our nephew is getting. 

The sun was setting on the way home... red sky at night, sailor's delight... it was beautiful!



No comments:

Post a Comment